My application was declined
There can be several reasons why your application was declined, some of which have nothing to do with your work. We've listed some of the most common reasons below to help you prepare for applying again.
Link to your products
We often see that applicants attach a link to their portfolio instead of their products, and don't give a clear description of what they want to sell. We judge applicants based on the products they wish to upload, rather than their portfolio.
To give an example, a 3D character artist might be selling alphas or Photoshop brushes, making their portfolio vastly different from the product they're selling. It's therefore important to link to the products you want to sell, so we can accurately judge whether you'd be a good fit for the marketplace.
Good presentation skills are key to a successful application. These are the factors we look for when judging a product:
- A clear description of the product. What is it, what can it do, who is it for, etc.
- Nice renders and close-ups that give get a well-rounded idea of what you're selling. Renders should be well lit, show details clearly, and show all relevant angles of the product.
- Show an example use-case of your product; instead of only showing an image of your photoshop brushes, add a picture you painted using them. This is to give customers a clear idea of how the product behaves in production.
- Trailers and 3D embeds are a big plus! If you're doing a tutorial, it's great to have yourself narrate the trailer so students can get to know you and your teaching style before purchasing your product.
Quality is key
The majority of your products must be a good fit for the marketplace, meaning they must hit a certain quality bar, similar to what is already being sold on FlippedNormals. If an application has 10 different products and only one or two of them hit the quality bar, this application would not be successful.
Judging the quality of your own work can be hard. We've therefore included links to existing FlippedNormals Creators below, that showcase the kind of quality we're looking for within the different categories:
- Tutorials https://flippednormals.com/creator/nexttut-education/
- Game Assets https://flippednormals.com/creator/knockcg/
- Materials https://flippednormals.com/creator/hyadis-mandra/
- Archviz https://flippednormals.com/creator/hemase/
- Characters https://flippednormals.com/creator/ryanreos/
- Environments https://flippednormals.com/creator/studiodevis3d/
- Tools https://flippednormals.com/creator/sladkovsky3d/